The man-apron

Well, so far I’ve been almost a stranger to the sewing room, although I did manage to get one thing made – and it wasn’t even from my new Christmas present! Plans are in the works for a purse with some of that fabric, by the way, and for a couple of tea towels…just didn’t want anybody to think I’d forgotten about it. 🙂

Anyway, just after the New Year, I was wandering around Outer Blogovia, looking at sites I’ve never visited, and came across a blog showing how she made a cute apron from old jeans. I’ve made a LOT of stuff from old jeans, so I thought this would be a good thing to try, just to get the ol’ creative juices flowing again. Well…it didn’t ‘exactly’ turn out like hers. She put cute little appliques on hers, and made it look really fun. I thought about doing mine the same way, but I used hubby’s old work pants – there just ain’t no dressin’ them thangs up!! He’s a plumber, and his pants get pretty . . . uhm . . . yah. But I figured I could make a decent work apron he could use in his shop or in the back yard, so it didn’t need any cute stuff.

I opened the inseam on one leg, and attached the widest part of the leg to the waistband. I cut a hole in the narrow end and finished it with bias binding, to keep the apron around the neck.  I even added an extra button to the waistband, in case I wanted to wear it myself. Think ahead, y’know!! I don’t even mind the worn-out spot near the neck hole. That used to be the knee in these jeans’ first life. 🙂

He likes it. I like it. So, whatcha think?? Do you like it?? 🙂



final product


hubby wearing his ‘new’ apron



My Christmas present came!

Just LOOK what came in the mail today! I was wandering around WordPress one night, looking at the blogs I follow, and came across a giveaway at Crafty Staci’s blog. I just LOVED all the fabric she had pictured, but was really drawn to this batch.

And ya know what else? She included BUTTONS! I’m all about buttons – and these are lovely.


I have a couple of ideas already in mind for some of this fabric; the rest of it, I’m just going to look at and let it tell me what it wants to be.

It’s eye-candy time!! Thank you so much, Staci!!!!



AAAANNNND…it’s NOT over. Yet.

HA! And you thought I was all done posting tea towels. NOT!

Well, at least I wasn’t all done, until now. Honest. This is it. Last of the bunch.

I made this last batch made for a friend; she wanted four towels with matching hot pads. She liked the other Christmas towels that had sold, so I used those ideas again for these.

That blue and white one, though – that wasn’t for my friend (unless she picks it in the gift exchange!). It was for our VM Fellowship get-together. We were supposed to bring a gift for the gift exchange, and what do you think I wanted to bring??? Yep, a box of rocks. Since that got turned down flat, I decided to make one final tea towel with a drawstring gift bag (since I didn’t have one single bit of Christmas wrapping paper, nor even one tiny box). I’m not real pleased with the bag, but I think the next one will be better. But it works, so it will do the job I made it for – guess I should be thankful for that, eh?

Well, reckon I need to find some other outlet for my sewing-frenzy state of mind. Whatcha think? What would be a good project now?? I’m thinking doll clothes might be fun to try.


red/white towel


red/white pads (front/back)


candy towel


candy hot pads


‘tree’ towel


‘tree’ hot pads


plaid towel


plaid pads


blue/white towel and bag



Well, the “Big Day” came and went. Gone. Done. Was all that hurryhurrysewsewgiterdun worth it? Wellllllllllll……………..


I did sell about five bowl cozies and seven tea towels. The very first towels I sold were two of my favorites! 🙂 All the folks that usually have tables at this holiday bazaar said it was a slow year, so I don’t feel bad about the low number of sales. I feel thankful for the ones I did sell – and I did get one order for a set of pot holders. Besides that, I got to talk to a lot of people I normally would not have seen. 🙂

One real blessing was selling eight towels to my friend’s sister and niece before the bazaar. And today I got to give away three of the ones I didn’t sell, and the joy it gave the recipients was worth the effort put into making them. Very worth it!

Will I try a holiday bazaar next year??


So, here are the last of the lot, the ones I hustled and bustled to get made before the Big Day. Thanks so much for letting me share.

So – I’ve been sew, sew busy!!

Seems like ten years since I’ve been here. Anybody home?? Hey, are ya in there???

Well, since the place appears abandoned, I’ll just sit down and make myself at home. I’ve got about 15 more dressy tea towels cut out, ready to make before November 14 (the BIG DAY) when I make my debut at the holiday bazaar. Well…technically…it’s not really my debut. I did this bazaar a couple of years ago and pretty much bombed. Being the glutton for punishment (or the chicken that wakes up in a new world every day) that I am, I’m going at it again. Full speed ahead!!

I won’t bore you with the details of each and every towel I’ve made, but just share some photos. I did try some different pattern ideas out – one with bodice pleats (very time-consuming), one with very slinky fabric (won’t do THAT again!!), a cross/body design, and even some for boys (loved doing these!).  Some were special orders that have already been delivered. Others are waiting their turn to be adopted at the craft bazaar.

I hope you enjoy these – and remember, I do special orders! 🙂