I just had to try something yesterday, with a HUGE reversible vest I’d bought at Goodwill – mostly for the buttons. But I wondered about making a bag using reversible fabric, with no lining. So I set out to give ‘er a shot. And I tried not to shoot myself in the foot in the process.
Here is what I came up with. This experiment has proven one thing to me – well, maybe two things. First, I don’t like this style of purse in this type of fabric. Second, the next one I make will have stiff interfacing and a lining. This one is way too floppy to suit me, but at least it’s pretty fabric. 🙂 I got so engrossed in the project, though, that I only remembered to take pictures of making that first pocket.
I did discover why the vest had smaller pockets on one side – so they could be sewn on first and the ones for the reverse sewn on over them. duh. I shoulda known that…now I do! So I just used the same technique when sewing on all. those. pockets!